With citations! This is not some fly-by-night operation.*
1. Hotel California is a bad song. A bad, bad song. This has been confirmed by a minimum of two other trusted tastemakers. Hotel California haters, be ye not afraid to speak out, for you are not alone.
2. They were laughing with me, not at me. This has been confirmed by someone who was (1) alive at the time and (2) not seven years old.
3. It doesn’t actually matter any more. This has been confirmed by me and the self-awareness engendered by many, many years of therapy.
4. Of all the instrument-players in any given band, the bassist is both the most reliable and the hottest. This has been confirmed by my husband.
Everyone who has said exceedingly kind things to me over the past week, know that the cockles of my heart have been duly warmed, and I’m saving up the warmth to get me through the depressing farce that is the upcoming end of daylight savings time.
* Blogging, I’ve missed you! I think I’ll do you more often.